Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a bloggin' we will go.....


Yeah, that last post was kinda lame. Was just something on my brain the other nite. And with Miriam on a lose-weight crusade, thot I'd jump in too.
Been trying to decide what to do with my blog. The old family pix are fun, so I'll keep on with those. Oh, and if there's any that any of you want to save off of here, better do so if ya haven't yet. I think I need to go back and start deleteing some of the old posts. I have no idea how much "stuff" we can put on these blogs. I do still plan on making files on disks of old photos to share with the family, but who knows how soon or fast that'll happen.
I had an idea the other nite to do a series of posts I'll call "What I learned from..." and then pick someone in my family, or a past friend, or whatever/whoever and talk about how they influenced me. I have often been amazed at some of the great people that've been a part of my life. And how occasionally it seems that just the right person crossed my path at just the right time. Not to mention the wonderful family I've been blessed to be a part of.
Not sure what happened with the Kelloggs. I sent out those emails and tried to harass them into joining us, but so far no response. I'll try to remember to bug them when I see them in person. I figured at the very least Sheri would join in(are ya out there?).
I keep wanting to get around and see everybody more than just at the reunions. That was part of the whole reason for moving down here! But time trots by so damn fast! And this house ties up my weekends so much. Part of my prob is working nites. I don't get much done during the week. Surprising how much it screws up trying to get projects done. I am kind of coming to a close on the living room, at least until spring when we'll refinish the floor(oak!). So, I may just up and call some of you up and twist your arm to go grab a cheeseburger with us.

2 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

You better be calling us. We would love to get a cheeseburger with you guy's and visit. Our weekend's will be tied up til the end of October. I am just so happy that we can communicate through blogging, that is the best thing, since the light bulb. Love Carole

Vera said...

I really hope you won't call to much attention to me when you blog about me influencing your life. I don't really deserve much notice. I do recognize the great influence I have been on most of the people I come in contact with but truly i want no commotion made about it. Please keep it simple.


Hey don't erase your pictures.... They can stay on there forever.... Or at least let us know FOR SURE when you are going to so we can copy them. Love ya Rickky Ricardo..