Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bev! Grow some hair already!






This is a group from 1959, and looks like they were all taken in L.A. The train shot has to have been at Griffith Park. Do any of you remember this trip?(Carol or Vera?)

Ok. Been slapped around here. I guess there's a little of everywhere in these. Just figured they were all in LA, as that's how mom had them in the photo album. Only the one with the train, and MAYBE the one at the river were taken in LA.

7 comments:

bev said...

Well, I grew some hair... AND I STILL HAVE IT. BTW, nice cowboy gun holsters!!!

Wendell and Carole said...

I thought those pics. were from the train up Heber Way. I don't remember Griffith Park at all, but I also don't ever remember riding the "Heber Creeper" either. What fun we obviously had, tho. Good thing you had your gun holster, while we rode the train..

Vera said...

Well, the other pics are at our house on center street. I bet the one near the river is Provo Canyon and the Heber Creeper like Carol said. Or the train could even be the one that was in the park in Provo (over by Dowdell's house), remember there was a train there you could play on. ahhaahha..... Fun stuff Ricky boy..

Wendell and Carole said...

If my memory serves me right, old 3025 was built and delivered to Southern Pacific in 1905 and is on display at Travel Town Museum - Griffith Park, Los Angeles, California.

go here:
http://www.scsra.org/images/sp3025.jpg

Wendell

bev said...

Whoa Wendall. That was NOT Carole just talking.

RickG said...

LOL! Thanks wendell! I know my Griffith Park. Was my dreamland as a kid, loving trains so much(still do)
Yeah...haha Bev....funny....rub it in.
Yer friendly struggling hair farmer at yer service ;>)

Vera said...

Picture 1 and picture 3 are definitely in Provo at our Center street house. OK?????????????????????

And Wendall, just shut up... You make me look bad....