Ok. Ok. Here we go. Lessee. 6 wierd things about me. ONLY 6. Not 7. Not 5. 6.
#1) I have a twisted sense of humour. Ok. That's not REALLY quirky in this family. Must do better than that.
#2) Ok. Like Carol, I can't stand crooked pictures, or off center flower vases, or off location furniture. I have to have the dining table centered under the new ceiling fan. The coffee (Pero?) table must be centered over the center design on the area rug it sits on. The doilee must be centered on the table. The flower vase must be centered on the doilee. I actually have gotten out the tape measure to center things up. Makes my stomach hurt if things aren't in their place.
#3) I hate phones. (Best thing we ever did was go to strictly cell phones. No more stupid phone solicitors!) I hate calling anyone, even family. Janet makes most all of my doctor appointments. I all but have an anxiety attack if I have to call someone I don't know REAL well. Don't know where this comes from. I remember I wouldn't answer the phone when I was a kid. I'd run all around the house or yard to find mom or dad, and tell them "the phone is ringing!" So, now all of you know why you don't hear from me very often!
That's only 3 things. 3 more. Hmmm.
#4) I'm kinda like Vera in the socializing thing. Except for me, it's only people outside family. I LOVE visiting family. But I've never had much of a circle of friends I hang out with. I usually will only have one "bud", if that. I'm too busy for much socializing, and what time I do have, I reserve for family. And I have a terrible time finding anyone I have anything in common with, so that narrows my options alot.
Which brings up...
#5) I hate hate hate hate hate HATE sports! Biggest damn waste of time anyone came up with. "Look! He has the BALL!" ooohh. woopee. Try and think of some activity or hobby that you've seen or heard of, that just makes you shake your head and wonder how anyone could get excited about. Like, oh, collecting the left ear off of road kill. That's how I view sports!
That kind of narrows my socializing options even more.
Ok. Number 6. Last one. Make it good! Last chance here.
#6) Not very exciting, but I can't sleep in a quiet room, unless I'm either completely exhausted, or drugged. I'll just lay there thinking about things. The house project(s). "Have to do an oil change on the truck tomorrow." "Why do people insist on trying to drive and call someone on their cell phone." "Is the price of gas going up or down tomorrow?" "Who's damn dog is barking now?!" "So, THAT'S why Vera is so stand-offish at family reunions!" "But I can't think of 6 quirks that I have!"
I have the TV on all night. Thank goodness Janet can sleep thru a toronado. That way I can listen to the TV, and over ride my thoughts. But it has to be something both interesting, but kinda dry. History channel is my favorite.
"Hitler tried to be a painter, but his talents were in being a great world dictator. Thus saving the art world from a rash of bad Bavarian land scapes."
Ok. There ya go. Great stuff to put in your book of useless knowledge.
"Next!"
This week
12 years ago
5 comments:
Hmmmm, I think you are as quirky as the rest of us.
Quirk, quirky, quirkier||!!!!!!|
Weird, that's what you are.... I'm going to call you and we are going to plan a saturday afternoon lunch with you guys and us,K? Bev and Mimi too.
Oh, that was pure entertainment--reading your quirks! Thanks for sharing! The sports thing made me laugh out loud.
Is everyone as weird as all of us????
You know you are wierder than that....but I'll keep that to myself...hehehe...oh crap that's right, I take after you <3 Love you!
Post a Comment