Monday, November 10, 2008

The new lamp tables


Went to the antique show and fair at the Weber county fair grounds a couple weeks ago. Didn't expect to find anything, and wasn't REALLY wanting to find anything. Our living room is getting too full as it is. So we didn't even take the truck. Well, we did find something. Or rather a pair of somethings. A dealer had a pair of these Duncan Phyfe style lamp tables for the price of one! I couldn't pass it up. Even had to run all the way back home and get the truck to take 'em home. My wife spoils me and let's me buy pointless stuff like this!

5 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

LOVE, the tables Rick. You have such a sweet wife, letting you buy pointless thing's. Good thing we're not married, we would have our own little Antique shop, full of pointless thing's. I'm so sorry you went all the way to Grantsville saturday nite. Man what a time you had finding us, then getting home. Oh well, now you've seen the west part of Utah's desert. Still hating Seattle????

BeckyB said...

So of course I love the table...but even more I love the picture of you as a mechanic! Ok everyone....this is exactly what I saw so many times growing up with dad...but to know that he's been doing that for soooooo long...that's right I said it...sooooo long ;P, no wonder you don't want to do that so much any more! Love Ya!

Vera said...

That is a great picture of you working on your toy car. You were a pretty cute little guy...

Vera said...

Whats up with Sting and Led Zepplin music? Not likin' it...

RickG said...

Carole-Yes, I STILL hate Seattle ;>) It's ok. I knew soon as we were on the freeway on-ramp we were headed the wrong way. Janet & I both were sure we followed the sign to SLC correctly. But it was dark, and I had cars on my a$$, so was trying not to hold up traffic. Now we know our way out there and back.
Sorry Vera. I have an eclectic taste in music. Not all of anything, but some of everything.