Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who remembers great-grandpy Kellogg?






I have more pix of him somewhere, but these are handy on my 'puter already. I remember him coming out to California when I was pretty young. I remember him always being a kind, cheerful person, and seemed to like us kids alot. He'd always take time to play with me, and made me feel special.

Great people we come from!

9 comments:

bev said...

I sure don't. I don't think I even knew he was alive when I was young. Hmmmm, strange. Where did he come and visit you from???

RickG said...

What you doing up at 2 in the AM?!

They lived back in New Jersey. He came out to California twice that I remember to visit Grandpy. Must not have made to Utah though. You guys missed out! He died in '64 (at about 88), so I was pretty young. But I have a couple pretty clear memories of him.

bev said...

I'm always up at 2:00 a.m. I'm pretty much an insomniac. I'm using this as my excuse for being so bitchy all day long.

BeckyB said...

Looking at these pictures makes me feel as though I knew them....It's almost like if you knew grandpy kellogg you then you knew his father. And how amazing is it that at first sight I thought I was looking at pictures of Great nana and grampy....it took me a minute to realize that I was looking at my great-great grandparents.

Wendell and Carole said...

I do remember him visiting us, when we lived on Center Street in Provo. Bevy was too young, Mom has a picture of him in from of that house, i barely remembering him visiting, I was probabley like 9 or 10.

Vera said...

I remember him well. I remember hanging out with him and thinking how weird that he looked like Grandpy... He was very sweet and soft spoken like Grandpy was.

BeckyB said...

Awww the old back yard....hehehe! I showed jim and he told me I can't have a yard like that ; ).

bev said...

Has anyone picked up on the fact yet that he is wearing a suit in all of these pics? Tie and all. Working in a yard...Visiting the old west... Funny to think about, but if he were around today doing those things he would be wearing shorts, flip flops, and a baseball cap, right? Times are a changin'.

RickG said...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as I was making this post.