Thursday, September 4, 2008

My bestest friend


Haven't posted anything with "substance" for awhile. I'll do some this weekend. Been busy-busy making the crown moulding for our living room. Yes, I'm an idiot. Not only am I putting up new crown moulding, but I got the hairbrained idea to make my own. Pictures to follow.

So anyway.

Decided to make a dedication to my best friend. My wifey. Can't believe she's stuck with me. This November it'll be 29 years. I think. Lessee.....married November 1979.......this is 2008....yeah. 29 years.

Been quite a journey. We didn't have 2 nickles to rub together for, oh, about the first 25 of those years. Lived in some real holes. Drove some real piece-o-crap cars. Raised 3 cool kids. She rasied me. Had our marriage on the rocks real serious like at one point. We pulled thru that one, thanks to Grandpy Kellogg(long story there).

But I think we're pretty solid now. We HATE being apart. Can't remember the last arguement we ever had. (She has the patience of Job with me) And we're looking forward to growing old(er) together. We see alot of stooped over grey haired couples in our neighborhood, we look at each other, smile, and say "we're not THAT far away from looking like that!"
Love ya Pookie!

5 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

That is soooo neat of you to post about your cute wife Janet, she is a sweet-heart, you both are very lucky to have each other. I am so glad you are here, it's a ball to hang with you guy's. Let's not let it go too long, before we see you again.

BeckyB said...

AAAAAHHHHH! That is so absolutely wonderful of you dad! I love that you and mom have gone through all that you have to show us kids that you can make it through just about anything. Love you both sooooo much!!!!

Miriam said...

Now THAT was a blog post of substance--thanks. You are a romantic after all. I'm proud of you two and happy you are in love and happy.
Hey--I love that story about the Grandpe thing you referred to. Is it something you could write up and share at give to us at some point?

bev said...

Ahhhh, so sweet Rick. You are really a special guy. Seriously. Who is that cute little couple anyway. That picture is from the dinosaur age isn't it? I'm with Mimi, I would also love to hear the Grandpy story if its not to personal. I've been married for 31years! Its about time for a break I say. There's a couple of 25 year olds I've been eyeing up.

Vera said...

Sweet...