Sunday, December 13, 2009

More Ebay finds

I've been looking for an old malt mixer for some 10 years now. Should have bought some of the ones I looked at 10 years ago. They just keep going thru the roof in pricing! Nice ones with porcelain towers go for in the $300-ish range now. Used to be more like $100 or so. Almost bought one at the antique show in Ogden a couple months ago, but the guy was kind of a weasel with his prices. He still had the price tags on from where he bought a bunch of stuff back east, and couldn't see why I was upset that the tagged price wasn't the selling price. Tag said $45, he wanted $85. Go figure.
So, I found an almost identical one on Ebay, for just shy of what he paid for his. Nyaa, nyaa!


Snagged this one for like $39.40, INCLUDING shipping. Has a 1922 patent date on it, and it even still works!
Now, where to put it...........

5 comments:

bev said...

I love it. Is it just for show?

RickG said...

Not sure. It does run pretty good, but the bearings are kinda sloppy. We'll have to try it once, and see how it does.

Miriam said...

I love the new pic on the top of the blog--looks like it could be in a magazine. Love the new buy. I can just taste a chocolate shake now.

Vera said...

Fun, you know Britney bought a kitchen aid (avacado green) at an estate sale The dang thing works better than my new one. It is old and awesome.

BeckyB said...

It's perty! I want it :)....Andthe BIG tree looks so nice! It's gorgeous!