Today was our 30th anniversary! Already!
I should wax poetic here, but it's late and I'm tired, and my brain ain't workin' too well.
I'm just VERY glad we've made it this far together. Looking back, I can't think of anyone else that it would've worked out with. I'm not easy to live with, and Janet's patience and consistance has gotten us thru alot.
We met thru the church Young Adult group in 1976, before we both went on missions. Our relationship almost didn't make it those 2 years, but it did. I can't help but believe it was "meant to be". I know. "How quaint." But really, I think it was that way. God knows who we need in life, and he all but took us both by the hand and said "Here you go. Make it work."
"Ok, Ok!"
And now I'm very glad we're here, in this house, in this town, doing what we're doing together. I hope we can have another 20, or, what the heck, another 30 years together! Love ya Hon!!
This week
12 years ago
6 comments:
Rick that is the greatest picture of you two. I didn't know you guys had such a history before your marriage. And I don't remember knowing that Janet went on a mission. I'm glad you guys have stayed together through it all. Thanks for the good example. Love you both!
Happy Anniversary you two! As you said God put you two together for a reason...and well I'm a perfect example of what that reason is ;) Love you both so much and thanks for reminding me that it can always work it's way out. Just need a lot of patience, kindness, thoughtfullness, and communication.
That is the cutest picture of you guys. 30 years is definitely worth the celebration.
Janet went on a mission??? Where? Sorry I didn't know that about her. What a great (and honest) tribute to your marriage. Anyone of us old timers can tell them young un's that it JUST ANIT EASY, but worth it.
Congrulation's you two. You were made for each other.
Love, Carole Ann
Thanks for the kind words, all. Good family we belong to!
Oh, and Janet went to Nevada on her mission. Wierd, huh? Was in Las Vegas the last part. She got home about a month or so before I did.
Post a Comment