Got to take a trip to the emergency room last nite from work. Gashed the side of my hand open. At first i thought I just bumped my hand. Then I looked at it, and saw it was cut. No biggee. I cut my hands and fingers all the time at work. Part of being a machinist(masochist?)
But then I moved my fingers, and that "cut" just kinda gaped open, and I saw muscles inside! Four stitches is all it took though. Been kinda sore off and on since.
Anyhoo.....
I need to dig thru pix and archives and get something of substance on here again. been awhile. Was thinking I promised aunt Fayes girls more pix of uncle Gordon, so may go thru all mom's albums and see what I haven't scanned in yet.
Hope everyone has a good holiday season as we approach it. Wish we could get around and see everyone. Family is what makes the season. Best thing we ever did as an extended family(Lane & I, plus all of Janet's family) several years ago, was we decided to stop trying to christmas shop for EVErYONE. It just got to be too much. Once we decided to just take care of our immediate family, and then just to enjoy each others company for Christmas, it was agreed we all enjoyed it alot more. So let me just pass that suggestion along. Things are tight enough out there right now anyway, so conserve. There's many ways of giving without it involving a big financial burden.
So, those of you we don't get to see, have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas! We love all of you, and think of you all often!
This week
12 years ago
5 comments:
Man, sorry about the head injury! Hope it isn't too much more soreness. This year we decided that we aren't going to do the present thing. Maybe some white elephants on Christmas eve and something else SMALL. Actually we thought each person could give their spouse a stocking with some CHEAPO fun gifts, you know, the gum, toothbrush stuff. I already feel like I'm gonna enjoy the season more...
Soooo, does this mean we don't get to hear from you until after the holidays again?????
Sorry about your hand. Hope you're feeling better. Ditto what you said about the Holiday's. Let's enjoy family. Hope you guy's have a great Thanksgiving. Where are you going this year? Wendell and I MAY try to go to Montana, to see his daughter, that just moved up there. It depend's on what the weather is like.
Thanks!
This Thanksgiving we'll probably just stay home again. We're getting enough of our own family around to have a bird-feast here.
Ditto, ditto and ditto. Have a great Thanksgiving Rick and Janet, and Lane and family.. Love you all.
Post a Comment