Monday, May 18, 2009

well, heck....

I'm the only one doing much bloggin', and I ain't doing much.

Lessee......

Went to see David Copperfield saturday nite with some friends. I'm not much into the whole "magic" thing myself. But they're some good friends, and fun to hang out with, so I said what the heck. Actually had fun there. He puts on quite a show. And did a couple things that really made ya wonder how the heck he does it! This trick where he makes the '48 Lincoln appear was pretty wild!





And at the end, he gets several audience members to come up, and makes them all disappear. Janet got picked! (And so did the friend we went there with) afterwards Janet said they were all told not to say how it was done, and so far she won't tell me.





(That's not the actual pic from the show we went to, just one of that trick I found on the 'net)
So, what else is going on.
Trying to get some yard work done. I don't think anyone has done a thing to our yard for many, many years. Very neglected. And I have stuff to do to the outside of the house before the August heat sets in. The fun never ends.
Remember the nephew we had staying with us? Now we're having his parents move in for awhile. Always a house full here. Oh well. Guess that's what family's for.
Janet's going down to Vegas this next weekend to see her mom and bro's. I'm staying here and laying some new sod here, and helping Uncle Chuck put some down in his yard. Why does she get to go play, but I have to stay here and work?!?! Actually, I'd RATHER lay sod than go to Vegas. Yuk!
Hey, I just realized our reunion is just around the corner! can't wait to see ya'll!!

4 comments:

Vera said...

work, work, work.....and I hear ya about the Vegas thing..... Rather work....

bev said...

I can't believe you have the parents moving in now!!! Did you lay down the law before hand?
I'm such a bore lately, I can't think of one thing to blog about.

RickG said...

Yeah, we had a good sit-down chat with them last weekend. I'll leave it at that.

Miriam said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I can't figure out if my life is just boring (like Bev) or if I'm just lazy...
You've encouraged me to try and blog better though...