Thursday, May 21, 2009

I thought we were in a recession!!?!

We had a big meeting at work last week. We all thought the worst as we walked up front to see what was going on after they announced a meeting over the P.A. right after I got to work. Jokes about "Well, nice working with you" as we walked.
Then they dropped the other shoe.
We're expanding our comany. Adding a whole new division. Building a new building, more than twice the size of what we have now. Sheesh!!!!!!!!
Out of all the machine shops in Utah I COULD have gotten a job at, I landed one at what has turned out to be the premier shop in the state. I moved down here 4 years ago, holding my breath. A scarey thing, to say the least. But I have either been very lucky, or very blessed. I choose the latter. The whole story of how I landed this job, it just can't be pure coincidence. Someone up there likes me(or has good connections).
Anyway, hope everyone is surviving. It is tough out there for many. My thoughts are with all of you. Hopefully we're at the bottom now, as some news-people are saying.

6 comments:

bev said...

Wait to go. I'm happy for you.

Miriam said...

Yeah!!!! That feels good.

Wendell and Carole said...

A sigh of relief for you, huh? That is really good news. You have lot's of family "up there" looking after you....

Wendell and Carole said...

A sigh of relief for you, huh? That is really good news. You have lot's of family "up there" looking after you....

Vera said...

Those are called 'blessings'... awesome Rick-ster.....

BeckyB said...

Holy Cow! Does this mean that you may get days here soon???? I keep praying that you will get a better shift, just as long as it's with the same company you're already working with ;)