Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Family Heirlooms 'n Stuff

I want to get back to what I started posting on the 'net for in the first place, passing on family pix and info that I've gathered. So let's do some "heirlooms". I have some goodies that have been passed on to me from both sides of the family, some of it important, some of it not so much.

This was passed onto me from Grandpy Kellogg. It was one of his machinist tool boxes. I have alot of his old tools, too, many of which I use daily at work. This box is in too bad a condition to use anymore, so it sits in a Rubbermaid tote out in my shop. The little metal plate you see sitting on the drawer has engraving on it, which says "Made Jan 1941, Chas. R. Kellogg, Original made 1876". I do recall Grandpy saying it was an old sewing box. Don't know who's it was before he got it, though. It appears he replaced all the drawer bottoms with pieces of tin, probably so they'd hold the weight of his tools.

2 comments:

brodie-burger said...

That is awesome. I'm going to love seeing your "family heirlooms n' stuff"

bev paxman said...

That is beautiful. What a treasure!