.....just around the corner.
I used to hate fall. Detest it. As soon as I'd se trees starting to turn color, the funk would set in. -sigh- Here we go. Another long, grey, dreary Washington winter. 9 months of grey. Gray, grey, grai, blah, blah, blah.
Lessee....arsnic....razor blades.....gun is loaded.....rope tied into a noose....prozac.....
Ok. All set for the depression. Let's get on with it.
Then we moved to Utah!
Oh, look how pretty the trees are! And now I can shut off the air conditioners, open the windows, get some fresh air. Take a walk without getting all sweaty.
Winter? Snow? Big deal. Ya get a couple days of snow. Then several days of sun. A few more days of snow. A bunch more days of sun.
I LOVE fall!
This week
12 years ago
7 comments:
Wow... Is this how all of you Washington State people think???
Fall is pretty and all, but I LOVE SPRING the mostest. It is wonderful to feel the cool air and have it be mild outside.
Bev, yes. At least the non-native Washingtonians do.
Miriam, again, yes. Spring is waaaay better. But we have to take these things in the order they come along. Sooo...
;>)
Fall is also my very favorite. The trees changing, chili on the stove, fire in the fireplace, but not freezing cold yet. Almost as good as Spring in Utah..
Yes all of us Washingtonians think that way...I was just complainin to the hubby, "Oh Crap! The leaves are already turnin...well there goes the sunshine." >:op I love driving up to Logan in the fall the best. It's absolutely beatiful!
Let me tell you what these southern Utah people say.... YEAH for Fall. To hell with the summer and now its time to be able to walk out on your lawn and not even have the blades of grass burn your feet, if you know what I mean. I love Fall too, my favorite. I hate Spring cause I know Summer is right behind it... usualy in 1/2 hour or so.....
Yeah Vera, I don't know how you guys have put up with that these years. I enjoyed my summers with Nana & Grandpy down there, but DAMN! It was HOT!!
Post a Comment