Friday, September 18, 2009

Stupid things to wonder about

I don't know why these things pop up in my feeble brain.
Got home from work tonite. Ok. Let's see what left-overs there are for me to fix. Ahh! Ham and scallop potatoes! yummy!(how do you spell "scallop" anyway?)
I'm putting stuff on a plate, rinsing off a couple utensils, then it hits me...
"So, what the heck is the whole point of a garbage disposal anyway?(we don't have one) Is it REALLY that hard to, oh, I don't know, walk all the way over to the garbage can, and dump stuff in there? What's the point? Just another damn appliance to break. Worse yet, another damn appliance to leak water all over the place!"
I don't know why these things pop up in my feeble brain.

8 comments:

Miriam said...

Sounds like you need a nap!

Vera said...

Grandpa Batley would be very dissapointed in your assessment of not needing a garbage disposal.... What kind of a nephew of a plumber are you anyway?

bev said...

Garbage disposals are very handy when you need to get rid of the evidence. Or when you need to throw out a bowl of milk with just a few peices of cereal still clinging to the sides. Or when you need to get rid of wet chunky food that will soak through the garbage and fall out the bottom. Duh...

RickG said...

what we need is a big ceramic devise that would flush these items down the drain.....lessee....where would we put such a thing....hmmmm...it'd have to be in another room somewhere....maybe down the hall.....

bev said...

Well lessee back at ya..... Why would I run clear down the hall with a bunch of food when I can turn around and dump it in the sink, ohhhhhhh same place I need to end up anyway to rinse and wash.

Did I win?

RickG said...

drink the milk, give the scraps to the cat. Dog. Neighbor kid.

BeckyB said...

I've lived with one and lived without one....I love a Garbage disposal! I miss it dearly! As I do a dishwasher! And yes I run to the toilet ALOT to rid of Top Ramen Noodles or uneaten cereal.

RickG said...

sounds like you need to hire a plumber!