Tuesday, July 28, 2009

There really were good times


This picture made me laugh when I found it. Pictures of my parents like this just don't exist! We all remember my dad's sense of humour. And mom did have one, too. But she just wasn't given to laughing out loud! (At least not when she wasn't around her older sis). I think this may be one of the most important pictures I've found of my folks so far. I love it! I always recall mom giving dad "the look" when he was trying to be funny around her.
This proves otherwise, huh?!

4 comments:

Miriam said...

That new Blog title pic of your parents is so nice--you mom looks like she could be in movies. I also love the fun pic of your mom and dad. Your dad was a tease--him and my dad together were hilarious. Glad you found hte pics. Makes me remember to continue to take pictures of my family.

BeckyB said...

I knew Nana liked Grandpy!;) I could always tell that Nana was really laughing inside just about every time she gave him "the look". I think she just spent so much time trying to "repair" her image that it kinda became an obsession. Gandpy wasn't "perfect" and that's what made him perfect for Nana! I miss them.....

bev said...

Yes.... "the look" I remember it well. Aunt Carol had it. My mom had it when I was growing up... Grandpy had it and Kim inherited it. I KNOW the look.

Wendell and Carole said...

Oh boy, I also remember the LOOK. Mom used it with Dad. And I remember it well with Aunt Carole and Uncle Hal, especially when Dad and Hal were together.....