Monday, March 30, 2009

Just a thank you

About to head up to bed. It's been a busy weekend here. Our nephew Chris is getting close to his wedding, so he and his folks(Janet's sis and her hubby) are here alot getting everything planned. Was it this hectic before our wedding? Don't quite recall. But anyway, it's been satisfying to watch Chris over the last year or so. He's made tremendous changes in his life. Has gone from the total party-dude, to taking a sweet young lady to the Lord's Temple in a couple weeks. No parent could ever wish for more. Have to admit he's kinda driven Janet and I nuts, living here with us since last summer. But he's a good hearted guy, and we love him almost like another son.
All this, and all I see in my family around me, has had me in deep thought alot. A new little grand daughter straight from heaven causes one to pause. All 3 of our kids are a total blessing in my life. Janet and I were talking earlier today about how greatful we are for our childeren. Watching them each grow up to be responsible adults (and parents) has been the best. They love each other, too, which is awesome. I know they'll be there for each other long after we're gone.
This is rambling alot. Kinda the way my brain works, I guess. But I just want to thank each member of my family for who and what they are to me. This includes my extended family, on both sides. Hope I haven't ever offended any of you too much. I know I can be blunt and outspoken. A bad trait I'm working hard on. Know that my heart means well, even though it's not always well conected with my brain(and mouth).
G'nite.

7 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

We couldn't love you more Rick. It has been so awesome, having you so close to all of us. I feel bad you don't see your kid's, more often, but it has been so much fun having you here, and getting to know you even better. You are ALWAY'S the life of the party. (We take you with a grain of salt) Love, Carole Ann

Vera said...

Your welcome...

Miriam said...

Made a couple of tears come to my eyes. We've all been feeling the grateful bug lately. I'm happy for you. I wish we saw you more, but seeing you 3 times a year is way better then 1 time every 10 years!
Love you guys!

Vera said...

mizvera.blogspot.com/




back......

bev said...

Love ya.

BeckyB said...

Ahhh Dad you're so sweet! I love you bunches and Vicky does too!

Wendell and Carole said...

Time to up-date cuz'