Thursday, January 6, 2011

Out back

I never get tired of the view out our back yard of the mountains. I can sit at my kitchen table, and just stare. (We had lotsa mountains in Washington of course, but couldn't see them!) Just some of the many things I love about living here.






Couldn't find a picture of the spring time. They're covered with green. The summer they get dry and brown, but even then there's a real magnificence to them. And watching the day break over them in the morning is sometimes breathtaking.

3 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

The mtn's. here are beautiful. Love the view from your kitchen window. Good spot to sit and have coffee, or postum (or whatever that stuff Nana & Grampy used to drink)

bev paxman said...

It was Postum Carole.
I remember when I was a student at Dixie college and would sometimes ride the Greyhound bus home to Provo on breaks. One time there was an older couple in front of me from the midwest. We were in Ut. county. He was looking out the window at the mountains and said to his wife. "Look at those majestic sons of bitches". That got my attention..... First time I ever thought about appreciating our Rockies. Haven't taken them for granted since that day.

RickG said...

M.S.O.B.'s!
Love it! LOL!