Friday, August 20, 2010

wassup

I have no idea if anyone even reads these blogs anymore. But I'm gonna post once in awhile just because I like to. I'm getting bored of Facebook. Lots on there, but not really anything on there. I've toyed with leaving it, but then I'd lose connection with a few family members.
Anyway, we have the house to ourselves again. the 5 years we've lived here, I think we've had someone living here about 4 1/2 of those years. But that's fine. That's why we bought a house bigger than we really needed. To help family when needed. But it is nice to have the whole house to run around naked in again!
Becky & Jim have a house just the other side of town they've rented. And Vern has the basement, helping split the rent. A real cute older house on a nice size corner lot. It needs some TLC, but overall is in decent shape for a rental(for the price).
Now I can get on with some house projects I've put on hold. Gonna rip down a wall in the basement family room. Someone split the room up for some dumb reason many years ago. It'll make a nice TV room where I can really set up my Plasma TV and huge stereo like I've wanted to do for a few years now. Then I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and finally redo our upstairs bathroom. Those of you who've seen it, know what I'm talking about. Not real pretty. It'll be a semi-major project that I didn't want to undertake whilst we had roomies here.
So, Kellogg/Batley clan, are our family reunions dead? I've kinda lost hope. I don't know why we can't settle on a date. It's worked for all these years, and all of a sudden, everyone's too busy. Whatever.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

Hi Rick,
thanks for posting...I think most of us get on our blogs regularly to at least see if anyone's posted.
I think we do what we have always done. I'm sick of Facebook too.
Second Saturday in June at 11:00am at the Layton park. It's always worked before. That's just it, unless the whole freaking family can't come that day because we have had an earthquake or flood.

RickG said...

Sounds good to me. Come heck or high water, let's do it! Let's get back to basics.

Wendell and Carole said...

Ditto,Ditto,Ditto..If I do say so myself!!

Brooke B said...

If we know its that date every year no matter what there should be NO excuses!