

A little late, but here's what this family does to ya when ya turn 50.(I'm going on 52 this year).
We'd planned to go out for dinner with Kim & Rob for Kim's 50th(she's about 6 months younger than I). Showed up to their house. Kim was upstairs changing, having just gotten home from work. Her sis, Lisa, was there, for whatever reason. When Kim came down, Lisa hands the 2 of us a bag each, and tells us to put on what's in the bag. You see here the results. Then we went on a scavenger-type hunt, dressed like you see here. Started at Wal-mart, then went to Pay-less shoes, Smiths grocery, somewhere else I've forgotten, then ended at Papa Murphey's pizza. All these places had been warned we were coming, so were in on the fun! At Papa Murpheys, the gal behind the counter had our pizzas ready, but said we were supposed to do a hula dance first. Kim was like "NO WAY!". I figured "what the hell", got out in the middle of the crowd(it was a friday nite dinner rush in there) and did a stupid hula thing, and off we went. Made our way to Kim's brother's place, Steves, where about 50 people were waiting for us. We got plastered with silly string, then had a fun party. Oh, and Lisa video taped the whole damn trek, so after we ate, everyone got to watch the fun on Steves big-screen TV.
Can hardly wait to turn 60.
5 comments:
How fun was that! Sounds like you had a ball. Happy Birthday Rick. Hope you have a wonderful year.
Sooooo, why don't you dress up like that everyday?
Yeah, I want to be around on the
60th, but to heck with the Hawaiian garb.... We'll do something like 'really' old people who are 60 dress-up gear....
HAHAHA! I love our family! What a bunch of nuts...the thing that no one realizes is that dad would do this on any normal day if you dared him to! ;p
The pics are so funny!!! I love that you would actually wear this stuff out in public. Even better, you doing the hula in public. Wish I could have been there. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment